Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thank You...

.... for your friendship!

I just wanted to thank everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday yesterday and for all your wishes regarding our first home. It's truly exciting and nerve racking at the same time. Toni and I are doing the countdown 'till we hear from our realtor...3 days more to go :)

Since I can't send everyone a thank you card to all of you, I decided to make a card last night after we got home from dinner last night, we had Sushi...YUM! My daughter wasn't happy that I pick Japanese food for my birthday but as she said it...NO CHOICE, it's your day...you pick! On our way to the restaurant, she keeps telling me that Winerznetzel sounds really good...I almost cave in but I told her that I can take her for her birthday next year there...LOL!

Anyway, back to the card. I really like the card Ashley Newell (hi Ashley!) of A New Design... created last week (click here) when combined two challenges from Clean and Simple Stamping and Loonie Stamper's Challenge, so I decided to do the same. The layout is from Clean and Simple and the color combination is from Loonie Stamper.

The base card is Spring Moss card stock from Papertrey Ink measured 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and folded in half. The Kraft card stock is measured 4" x 5 1/4" and run through Cuttlebug using Birds and Swirls CB embossing folder. The flowers are from Papertrey Ink, Beautiful Blooms set and was stamped on Whisper White card stock using Spring Moss Hybrid Ink. The smallest flower from the same set fits exactly to a CB flower die, the sentiment is from Stampin' Up, Upsy Daisy stamp set. I finished the card with Spring Moss gross grain ribbon and self-adhesive rhinestones.

Stamp: Beautiful Blooms from PTI and Upsy Daily from Stampin' Up

Paper: Whisper White, and Kraft card stock from Stampin' Up, Spring Moss card stock from PaperTrey Ink

Ink: Basic Black from Stampin' Up and Spring Moss Hybrid Ink

Accessories: Cuttlebug, Birds and Swirls embossing folder, Spring Moss Gross Grain Ribbon, Self-Adhesive Rhinestones and Stampin' Dimensional

39 comments:

Lauren said...

Glad you enjoyed your day! Great card I love the colors and the embossing.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Hi Catherine! I love what you did! The color combo/sketch turned out great!!

pescbrico said...

What a beautiful card! I hope the count down will be shorter and you will have an answer today for the house :) have a great day!

Carmen O. said...

Oh Catherine what a beautiful card! I'm glad you had your day your way! We always tend to do what our kids want and put ourselves last. Here's to hoping your wait for the news on the condo isn't so long.

Hugs,
Carm

Lorie said...

Great card! I love that layout...may have to try it! :o)

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Awww!!! Such a beautiful card .. and such a sweet / cute story about you and your daughter. you have me craving japanese food now :) yummmmm

Natasha said...

Stunning! LOVE the embossed kraft.

Annie said...

stunning card and I love the simple elegance with the detail of ribbon and bling, and of course the embossed background. hugs, annie x

Charlene Austin said...

Hi Catherine!! Thank you so much for playing. I am really glad you liked the colors. Sometimes the other Loonie girls surprise me with some combos I would never have put together otherwise. But then I end up surprising myself with how much I like it. I hope you play again.

p.s...I love Ashley's stuff too!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful card! I missed the big day...so sorry, but enjoy it one day longer! Happy Birthday to you!

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous card Catherine! Glad you were able to have sushi!!! :)

Tina said...

Gorgeous! I love the earthy colors.

Holly Young said...

Thanks for the beautiful card you created for all of us Catherine! I love the colors. I think I'm going to have to CASE this one.
Glad you enjoyed your birthday, and be sure to let us know about the condo!

Joy said...

love the color combo...yellow just seems to make everything okay... I am glad you enjoyed your birthday and I love sushi too! let us (Taelyn-my daughter & I) know when you'll be getting your dream home...we are keeping you in our prayers =)

nessy said...

beautiful, elegant card ~ a very late ~happy birthday!!!!
vanessa xx

dpkennedy said...

Wow, how nice to "send" a thank you card! You should get your b-day card soon...not holding your breath I hope? LOL! Have a great day!

Deb Wood said...

This is really beautiful and so thoughtful!! You're daughter sounds funny and cute! Keeping you in my prayers!!

Courtney said...

I'll come have sushi with you! Yummy!

And I love this card, it's great! TFS!

Rose Ann said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a nice birthday, Catherine!! Your card is gorgeous!! I love the colors, your embossing, the pretty flowers, and bling!!

Diane said...

Beautiful Catherine!! My fingers are crossed for your news,I know it'll be good!!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love this colour combo!

Bethany Paull said...

This is so gorgeous!!! I love the one layered flower and the large panel of embossing.

Michelle Alejandro said...

Way to hold your ground on the sushi, lol. I know how hard it is to cave in to our kids. Love the Thank you card, it is very elegant and clean. Will have to case this one for sure!

Kristie said...

Hope you had a fabulous birthday....I tried leaving you a comment yesterday but blogger wouldn't play nice :(

This card is soooo gorgeous, lovely & elegant!

Sankari W. said...

Wow! Catherine - you simply rocked those challenges! I love those colors together - its so clean and fresh and spring-y and is so nice to look at today where its all gloomy and rainy outside. Love the bling on your card and that cuttlebug embossing is soooo simply marvelous! LOVE it!!!

So glad that you had a great birthday yesterday- and we are keeping our fingers crossed for you for Friday!

Thanks so much for your sweetest email yesterday! YOU are the sweetest!!!!!!! and also thanks for the head's up about the picture of one of my cards on my blog - I hopefully fixed it - I am having all kinds of technical problems today... anyhooo you are so sweet to make everyone a thank you card!

Sending you a whole bouquet of happiness and sunshine and all things yummy and joyful,

Much love,
Sankari :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Catherine, so pretty, love those colors and that sketch.

ChrissyM said...

Happy Birthday. What a beautiful card!

Rita said...

Luv this combo & the card is just so beautiful!

Lee said...

Too funny about your birthday dinner!!! I'm so glad you got what YOU wanted though and DD was so cute to make sure you knew that you got to pick!!! LOL What a gorgeous card!! That is a really cool color combo!!!

Kathryn said...

So BEAUTIFUL -- love the color combination and the embossing - so pretty! :)

Ann said...

Love this card! Great colors, layout, well, everything! :D

Julia Aston said...

Happy Birthday to you Catherine! Love the colors on this card!

Deanna said...

Awesome card! I am a lover of the CAS site too! Thanks so much for playing along this week!

Dee (LSC)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Just beautiful! I love yoru color choice, so soft. Love the glitter gems too! :)

Regan said...

the card is great- thanks for playing the Lonnie Challenge this week

Carolina said...

Adorable!!! Love what you did with the challenges, the embossing is just the perfect touch.

Dani said...

Great card! So glad you enjoyed your birthday! Have to say, I'm with your DD. Weinersnitchel(?) over sushi any day! LOL!

Enjoli said...

This card is absolutely fabulous!! I love the embossing and color combo. Great job on the challenge. =)

Lisa Olson said...

Oh my gosh simply stunning.