Monday, October 13, 2008

I see circles...

all weekend long :)

I made three cards this morning with 3 sketches I found while blog hopping over the weekend and they're all with circles.

First card is a sketch from Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #37. Image is from last years Stampendous, Mistletoe Pixies stamped on a Whisper White card stock, cut-out and raised with stamping dimensional and adhered to a circle punch Whisper White cardstock and layered it with Rose Red card stock. The base of the card (Always Artichoke card stock) and half circle (Pretty in Pink) was run through with Cuttlebug using snowflakes embossing folder. I used the same patterned paper for all 3 cards which I recently bought at Michael's.

The second card is from Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #61. Main image is Snowbound, again from Stampendous. The base of the card is Rose Red card stock and I randomly stamped snowflakes from Winter Wonder set by Verve Visual with embossing ink pad and sprinkled with Stampin' Emboss Iridescent Ice.

I didn't realize that I didn't put any sentiment on the first 2 cards right after I was making the 3rd card.

And the last card is a sketch I got from Jen, I{heart}2Stamp, Sketch For You To Try. Again the main image is from Stampendous, Pookie Skates. To add a little dimension to the card, Pookie's hat was stamped on a White White cards, cut-out and raised with stamping dimensional. The base of the card is Pretty in Pink card stock and same as the 2nd card I randomly stamped snowflakes from Winter Wonder set by Verve Visual with embossing ink pad and sprinkled with Stampin' Emboss Iridescent Ice. The sentiment is also from Winter Wonder set.

34 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Those elves are so cute! I like the paper piercing and use of glitter!

~amy~ said...

What FUN cards Catherine! You were busy!!

Kristie said...

You always have the CUTEST stamps!!! These cards are all just yummy.
btw: I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the predominance of circles this past weekend...they were EVERYWHERE...but you've done an awesome job of using them :)

MEL said...

Gosh...those elves are too stinkin' cute! Love that you paired them up with pink and green.

Savitri said...

This is so so fun!! THAT is one STINKIN' cute elf!!

Lauren said...

These are super cute! I love the colors, snowflakes and embossing.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OH MERCY SAKES ALIVE!!! What is not to love! Great / cute/ sweet cards!

Sankari W. said...

I totally agree with Kristie that you have the CUTEST stamps - oh my goodness!!! they are all such great cards - and I know what you mean about the circles in this week's challenges! I am so impressed that you did 3 - you go Catherine!! !!!

I also just wanted to wish you an early happy bday! Don't worry - I will be back tomorrow with more - but just wanted to wish that you wake up on your bday morning happy and energized and that all that you desire is fulfilled!!!

Sending you lots of happiness and joy,
:) Sankari

Rita said...

All 3 of these cards are adorable & you did a great job with these sketches! I luv, luv luv these elf images their so darn cute!!!

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh, I love circles! These are all fabulous and such fun colors too!

Ida said...

Very cute cards. Love the little Elf(Pixie) and the fun colors.

Taylor said...

I think it turned out super cute! Love all the embossed pieces! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

What a fabulous set! Your stamps are so cute and the colours so fun! Love them all!

Kimberly said...

These are all fabulous. Love the circles and I especially love that last card!

Ann said...

These are all utterly adorable! Love the color combo and sparkle!

Carmen O. said...

OMG Catherine those elves are the cutest and so are the cards. I love the muted colors and all the detail! Fabulous work.

Lori Barnett said...

If I were there with you right now I would be smackin' your shoulder saying "girl...these are awesome" So...smackin' your shoulder is more like pushin' your shoulder...er...like a tap ....well...YOU KNOW what I mean!! right?! ha ha ha ha. The stuff friends to when they are messin' with each other in a fun way :) OK...what I'm saying is these card are TOTALLY CUTE!!!!! LOL

Enjoli said...

Great job on the challenges! Super cute with all the sparkles!! =)

Diane said...

Those are so darn cute!!! Love all the cards Catherine,great sketches too!

Courtney said...

You do circles well, girl! :)

Donna Baker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Baker said...

sorry! doing too many things at once! love your cards, they are so cheerful in pink & green - love non-traditional holiday cards!!

Rose Ann said...

These are sooo cute, Catherine!! I love those adorable images, embossing, and sparkle!! Super job with the sketches too!!

Laurel said...

Wow, I love what you did with the sketches! I love the bit of pink in the cards! What a great idea!

Unknown said...

Love all the circles I saw :) Your cards are gorgeous with all the careful attention to details. Love those stamp images!

Deb Wood said...

So pretty and the elves are too cute and fun!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

These are all fabulous! Love the different circle layouts too, very fun. Super cute holiday images as well. :)

Jennifer Love said...

WONDERFUL cards! Love the colors and the stamps and the layouts! Just fabulous!

Kathryn said...

WOW -- you did a great job on all three cards. I love how they all coordinate -- just fabulous! :)

Dani said...

Oh my holy cute! Fabulous job with the sketches. :)

Lorie said...

Ack! They are ALL adorable!

Beate said...

All of the cards are beautiful! I love them all.
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Lee said...

You know I really am loving pink and red together the more I see it! These lil guys are just too cute and these are such fun cards!!!!

LAURENCE said...

What a fabulous christmas card.
Bye LAURENCE