Sunday, October 26, 2008

Taylored Expression Cupcake Challenge #39 and BRAKs

I've been debating what image to you use when I saw Taylor's Cupcake Challenge couple of days ago. And you just wanted to use any cupcake image when you see or hear Taylor's name...LOL! I had my cupcakes stamped and colored already when I started this card this morning but thought why not use these cute critters for this sketch challenge!?

Having a Ball and Santa's Little Helper is from House-Mouse Design. Maxwell and Mudpie are stamped on Whisper White card stock and layered with black card stock using SU circle punch and layered with coordinating colors as the panels with Stampin' Up scallop punch. The patterned paper is from Stampin' Up Cutie Pie DSP. Their Santa's hat are covered with liquid applique and crystal stickles and the Christmas ball are covered with crystal effects.

Stamps: Having a Ball and Santa's Little Helper is from House-Mouse Design

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Certain Celery, Ruby Red, So Saffron card stock and Cutie Pie DSP from Stampin' Up

Ink: StāzOn Jet Black and SU re-inkers

Accessories: Cuttle Bug, Swiss Dot CB embossing folder, Liquid Applique, Crystal Stickles, Crystal Effects, Circle Template, SU scallop Punch, Stamping Dimensional, Certain Celery, Rose Red and Bashful Blue gross grain ribbon


And on to my Birthday Cards and gifts from my wonderful blogger friends :)


This is from Enjoli of Stamping Under the Sun.
She made these ensemble, all for me and there's no way I'll be using any of these, they're staying on that plastic forever...LOL!
Thank you so much Enjoli!

And this is from Amy of Tsuruta Designs. [sue-roo-ta]
And she posted this card on her blog, I secretly hoping it was for me and this card with the matching crown key chain was waiting for me the same day she posted it. This was engrave inside..."Never underestimate the power of a Princess"

Thank you, Amy!

This is from Lee of My Reality...It's all Good!
Her zebra is colored beautifully and the card is just gorgeous and the brads are just adorable.
She included an acrylic stamp set and some gorgeous patterned papers.
Thank you, Lee!

This is from Leesa Berry.
I don't have a blog for her but she sent me this card from SCS BRAK. Isn't this owl so cute? The patterned paper that she use is so pretty IRL.
Thank you, Leesa!

This adorable card is from Holly of Hog Wild About Stamping.
I actually rec'd this card the same day as my birthday and what a nice surprise coming home on your birthday not only receiving bunch of birthday coupons, but a beautiful card from a friend.
Thanks, Holly!

And this is from Sankari of Sunny Sankari.
I was awed when she posted this card on her blog couple of weeks ago, and when I opened her package to see this card, I was smiling from ear to ear, the details on her cards are just amazing. She even sent a Halloween package for my daughter, Toni (btw, the gummi bears are all gone!). And, can you see the beautifully wrapped gift, it's a clear stamps from Martha Stewart. I didn't even want to open it because it's wrapped so pretty with a huge gross grain ribbon..LOL!
Thank you so much, Sankari!

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love those mice images, super cute. your colors are fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, your cupcake challenge mice are too sweet! But, I have to tell you, the Spooky Halloween card further down the page has my giggling out loud! I just love your beautiful cards!

Carmen O. said...

I love your awesome mousie card! Great color choices. You lucky girl you received some beautiful BRAKS!

Laurel said...

OMG, ROFLOL! I love your card for Taylor's sketch, I tried to get that mouse in an ornament to work for me but it just didn't (one of my failed attempts!)! I think I was using the wrong colors for me! Your card is great!

Ann said...

This card is SO cute! Love the colors, the Crystal Effects, and the glitter!

You are one lucky girl to get such great birthday goodies! :D

Kathryn said...

Wonderful card -- OMGoodness - I love those little critters -- so adorable -- GREAT choice for this sketch!! :)

Ida said...

Super Sweet card. The mice are just adorable. Thanks for stopping by my blog too.

StampOwl said...

love the HM stamps you used for Taylors cupcake challenge this week ... too cute!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

The mice are sooo sweet! I love this lil' card :)
Thnx for commenting me today!
xoxo, margie

Holly Young said...

Those little mice are the perfect images to use for this challenge Catherine! I love the little santa hats! I'm glad you had a nice birthday! How's it going on the condo? any news?

TA Carbone said...

love the card you did. It came out GREAT

TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

WhimsicalThoughts said...

Your card is so cute, you did an awesome job. Love the crystal effects too :)

Elena said...

Hello Catherine! Thank you so much for stopping at my blog! I was so happy to see you!
Your card is very cute! Wow! Mice are adorable! What a creative way of using them in this layout! Love your coloring so much!
Very nice gifts you got on your birthday! Thank you for sharing the pictures!

Enjoli said...

Love the color combo.. Very cute card. Im so sorry you got the goodies late.. I hope you had a great birthday! Very very cute BRAKs.. I love them all. =)

Ann Kranitz said...

I just love your work....this card is so sweet....

Kristin Eberline said...

Awwh, what a sweet card you created! I love the little mice and how you used the liquid applique :O) Adorable as usual...you're so talented.

I didn't know it was your birthday! When was it? I need to do better about keeping up, I think :O)

Have a great week!

Taylor said...

So cute! Love those little mice! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

Monica said...

Love the card with the house mouse images!! So clever! Great blog.. I love looking at your creations!

Lorie said...

Oh, my goodness...that House Mouse card is adorable! Your birthday cards are great...how special!

Lee said...

Ohhh I love that House Mouse card and plan to CASE that!! Truly A----dorable!!!! And wonderful RAKs for a special friend!! I'm so glad you were very celebrated on your special day!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Your House Mouse card is WONDERFUL!!! Perfect is the only thing that comes to mind. I love every gorgeous detail:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Janine said...

Great card Catherine and lucky you to receive all those beautiful cards!! Happy Birthday!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I absolutley adore the house mouse card! Soooo Stinkin Cute!!!
Those birthday goodies rock too. I know they brought lots of smiles every time you opened one :)

Emma said...

Aww I love your mouse card..so cute.
How gorgeous are all your cards and gifts...happy belated birtday.
Emma x

Rose Ann said...

Your little mice are soooo cute, and I love what you've done with this sketch!! Great BRAK's too!!

Sankari W. said...

LOVE your sweet card Catherine!! Mudpie and Maxwell really seem to be enjoying themselves!! I love all your little details and the sweet way you did their hats with so much texture!! Beautiful!

Wow - look at all those awesome birthday gifts - you are so loved Catherine! You always take time to leave such sweet and uplifting comments on everyone's blog (i don't know how you do it all!!!) and just that simple act always brings a big sunny smile to my face :)

I am so glad that you like the card and that Toni liked the gummy bears :) I hope that your Monday is going great!

Sending you both much love,
Sankari :)

Curt in Indy said...

Your card is absolutely wonderful! I love those images! And what a hall you made! I hope your birthday was as special as you are! Best, Curt

~Denise Lynn~ said...

How stinkin cute is that card! I just love the little mice and the way you've framed them here. Awesome job with the sketch! :)

Michelle Alejandro said...

Love the little mice! How cute are they! What wonderful gifts you received too! You always have such wonderful cards and inspirations on your blog, thank you so much for sharing!

Tina said...

Gorgeous cards, love those mice.
Great gifts and special cards, you lucky girl!

Carol Dunstan said...

aw, aren't House Mouse so cute! Great card (and pull out your Tart & Tangy! ;-) )

Deb Wood said...

Your card is soooo adorable and I love all your bday cards too! Happy Birthday!!

Deb Wood said...

Your card is soooo adorable and I love all your bday cards too! Happy Birthday!!

Donna Baker said...

I adore your sketch card with the House Mouse images - too cute! what awesome goodies, you deserve them all, you're so sweet!!

Unknown said...

Such a cute house mouse card and what fun "stuff" from everyone!! Happy Birthday late!!

Manna said...

Oh, these little mice are so adorable! Great colours you used here too. Love it! And Happy Belated Birthday.

Bethany Paull said...

Oh my word! Would you look at those shiny ornaments?!? Perfect.

Unknown said...

Ok, how did you not win this TECC? That is ADORABLE! I love it! And happy belated birthday. Sorry I missed it. :(