Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just for YOU!

When I saw this sketch from Saturday Sketch, I wanted to use Whipper Snapper stamp, which one?! that's the hard part....LOL! Don't you just have too much stamps and don't know which one to use first?

Anyway, after figuring out which the best stamp to fit this sketch, next thing to figure is what color combination to use. I remember when I start making cards that picking the right colors was the hardest part for me, well, it still is. I usually grab stack of my pattered paper and get an inkpiration from there. And that's what I did here.

And, it's been awhile since the last time these cupcake stamp had been inked and what a party without a cupcake...right?! The Party Koala's nose is covered with crystal effects (so, his nose is all shiny) and the cupcakes are covered with liquid applique and drizzle it with crystal stickles and topped with red dew drops.

Stamp: Party Koala from Whipper Snapper Design

Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip card stock from Stampin' Up and Patterned Paper by Imaginisce (Party Poppers)

Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black and SU re-inkers

Accessories: Oval Template, Crystal Effects, Liquid Applique, Dew Drops, 1" circle puunch and Stampin' Dimensional and Crystal Stickles

35 comments:

Beate said...

Catherine, that is adorable. I love your coloring and that you put the outer squares on point.
Hugs and smiles

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Those cupcakes look so real! MMMMM!

Kristen H said...

This is really cute. I love the layouts you use. Have a Great crafting day!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Love it Catherine! Great job with the sketch. Those images are super cute and fun! :)

Theresa Momber said...

I love it! You so rocked that sketch. Super cute card.

Lauren said...

This is so cute. Love you interpretation of the sketch.

Lorie said...

Ack! That is absolutely adorable! Love it!

Cindy Haffner said...

Darling, darling, love it.

UrgentCookie said...

Great work. I like your coloring job and also how you alternated the squares. :0)

Carmen O. said...

This is just too cute! Love your take on the sketch.

dpkennedy said...

Ooh this is so cute! I love how his balloons extend outside the frame! Great sketch! Love this card!!

Michelle Alejandro said...

OMG, this card is sooooo cute! I love cupcakes and those look good enough to eat (hey, probably would be hardly and calories, lol). I love the layout, might have to try this layout too. TFS!

Holly Young said...

oh there are so many things I like about this! I like how you cut the oval and let the balloons go out. I like the paper you chose. But your cupcakes are just awesome! The cherries and the icing are just too cute!

Joy said...

Holy Koala! I love this card! it's too cute for words...awe...I think I'll have to get this stamp too =) great job on the color combo and I love the cupcakes!!! TFS!

Rita said...

I luv what you did with this sketch, your card looks awesome! That Koala bear is so darn cute...I luv it!!!

CraftyC said...

I love your card Catherine, the colour combo is fab and those cupcakes are making me hungry!!
Clairex

Kristie said...

Just gorgeous as usual. Do you get bored with me saying that? :)

Diane said...

Love the sketch Catherine!!!
Too cute!!!

Deb Wood said...

Oh how cute and what yummy cupcakes!! Love it!

WhimsicalThoughts said...

OMG, you did a fabulous job. I love it! :)

Sandra Smart said...

aaawwww Catherine, I am sorry I missed your birthday! Happy belated birthday anyway...hope you enjoyed your day!

Carolina said...

What an adorable take on the sketch - love that little guy and those sweet cupcakes are just the perfect details for a birthday card!

~amy~ said...

CUTE Catherine!!! Love your choice of images...absolutely perfect!!!

Mrs Mac said...

Cute!

"Can't sleep- create" -hahaha! Yup, me too.

Lee said...

Ohhhh sweeeeeeet!!!! LOL Such a cutie and I love those delicious-looking cupcakes!!

Debbie said...

Hi Catherine, oooh what a yummy card, I love the cute Koala image and the cupcakes are fabulous, the frosting looks so real. Debbie x

Rach said...

Hi Catherine,
this card is gorgeous!
love it great papers and colour combination and your cupcakes look good enough to eat! love how you have added the liquid appliqué and the cherry on top...also your koala bear looks adorable with his shiny black nose...hugs rachxx

Michele Kovack said...

LOVE this card! The cupcakes look so real....and yummy!!!

Laurel said...

Another cute creation with those Whipper Snappers!

Manna said...

This is totally awesome! Love it!

Dani said...

Oh my word! Adorable! Fabulous job!

ChrissyM said...

I love this card! OM!!! HOw adorable! Love it!!! THis is so cute!!!

Chrissy

Enjoli said...

OMG, this card is so cute!! I love it! =)

Rose Ann said...

I love what you've done with the sketch!! Such a cute main image, and I love those cupcakes too!!

Lisa Olson said...

Oh just too cute for words and I just want to eat those cuppy cakes