Friday, October 10, 2008

Kristina Werner Color Inspiration #25

It's that time again... Kristina Werner's color inspiration! This time to use Ballet Blue, Certain Celery, So Saffron and Ruby Red. The first thing I thought with these colors together is to make a baby card but I had a hard time with it so I gave up on a baby card and just make something else.

I decided to use the same stamp that I used couple of days ago from Inkadinkado. I stamped the large butterfly from that set using So Saffron, Ballet Blue and Ruby Red on a Whisper White card stock, cut-out and raised with stamping dimensional and covered the butterflies with crystal stickles. The sentiment is from the same stamp set and the patterned paper is from Stacy Claire Boyd Grasshopper Cookie Collection.

Stamp: Kathy Davis clear stamps from Inkadinkado

Paper: Whisper White, Rose Red, Ballet Blue and PP from Stacy Claire Boyd Grasshopper Cookie Collection.

Ink: Basic Black, Ballet Blue, Rose Red and So Saffron classic ink

Accessories: Certain Celery gross grain ribbon, Stampin' Dimensional and Crystal Stickles

40 comments:

Kristie said...

This is gorgeous Catherine! I seem to use that word alot when I'm describing your creations.....
LOVE the butterflies :)

Carmen O. said...

Wow Catherine this card is beautiful! I love the butterflies and the pp is perfect for this.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This card is SO pretty! I love the stickled butterflies!!

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh,so pretty! Love the beautiful butterflies floating on the red card!

Alyssa S said...

Very pretty! I'm having a hard time with this one! :o)

~amy~ said...

Sweet card Catherine...I love the butterflies!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card! Love the butterflies!!!

Swaantje said...

*wow*
A wonderful card..

Lorie said...

Very pretty! I love the butterflys!

Rita said...

Beautiful card! Those glitery butterflies are fabulous!

Lauren said...

The designer paper looks awesome with your sparkly butterflies!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

very pretty card
catherine

Dani said...

Very, very pretty! Fabulous job!

Bev said...

Wowzers Catherine! This is totally awesome - absolutely love it!

hugs Bev
x

Tina said...

Cute, cute, cute. Those colors are really fun together.

Cindy Haffner said...

Pretty, prtety,, butterflies.

Lisa Olson said...

Oh Wow Catherine..this is so pretty..love the colours I can feel a big sigh of adoration moment coming on!!!

Diane said...

Gorgeous Catherine!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love the butterflies :) TFS

Joy said...

she always comes up with a good color combo...I just don't like her final picks...I think there should always be a standard of how you pick a winner...anyhoo...I love your card and how you made the color work! I do like butterflies too =) thanks for always inspiring me!

Sherri said...

Sweet! Love the sparkly wings!

Lynsey said...

Hi Catherine
This is such a pretty card, I love the glittery butterflies!
Hugs Lynsey :)

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so pretty!! I love your sparkly, colorful butterflies Catherine!!

CraftyC said...

The butterflies look fab, a great card!
Clairexx

Enjoli said...

Love those butterflies!! Beautiful card. =)

Becky said...

This card is gorgeous! Love it!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Gorgeous!!! I love its delicate beauty!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Strong said...

I love it!!! Great sparklies.

Joanne said...

These colors look so pretty together! I love butterflies...

Deanna said...

Loving the glitter butterflies! Nice!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow fabulous card ,love it ,Dawnxx

Anthonette said...

I love the shimmer from the Stickles. Good use of the colors.

Lee said...

Beautiful colors and I LOVVVVVVVVE those glittery butterflies!!!

Kathryn said...

This is beautiful-- love those butterflies! :)

Unknown said...

Another WOW card! Love all that glitters :)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Very pretty Catherine! Love the glittery butterflies. :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Love the sparkle!

Christine said...

beautiful work!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIRL!! More blessings to you!

Curt in Indy said...

You nailed this Catherine! Beautiful card! I love what you did with the challenge! Best, Curt

Ann said...

I LOVE those sparkly butterflies!