Monday, January 28, 2008

Make a Wish

or two if you want. Hey! I've always said if it is your day you can do whatever your heart desires...right?

I got this sketch (see below) from Lauren Meader of My Time... couple of weeks ago and just didn't had the chance to post it until now. Anyway, isn't this mouse the cutest ever? But oh! Second cutest mouse Mickey Star 16 is still my #1. This cupcake mouse is by Whipper Snapper Design, and the whole image is cut out and raised with a stampin' dimensional. I remember telling myself that I'll never do this again after I made this card but I just couldn't resist it and I think it came out really cute. The small cupcake and the sentiment is from Michael's $ bin. The icing on both cupcakes are covered with Liquid Appliqué and sprinkled with real pink sprinkles (don't forget to check his little hands covered with icing *chuckle*), and his nose is covered with crystal effects. I used Brocade Blue card stock for the base of the card and I stamped with Background Basics from Stampin' Up as a background with versamark. The patterned paper is from Magnolia Collection by My Minds Eye and tied with a wide grosgrain ribbon, again from Michael's $ bin, and finished the card with faux stiching. Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful Monday and have a cupcake Cupcake or twoFlirty 2!


Stamps: Cupcake Mouse from Whipper Snapper Design, Background Basic from Stampin' Up

Paper: Brocade Blue, Green Galore and Whisper White CS from Stampin' Up, and Patterned Paper is from My Mind’s Eye Magnolia Collection

Ink: StāzOn Jet Black

Accessories: Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Crystal Effects, Liquid Appliqué , Stampin' Dimensional and Sprinkles

3 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I so love you take on the sketch!!!!Tht cupcake looks awesome! Great use of colors and pattern. Thanks for sharing it with me

Joani McDonald said...

I just saw your blog on SCS and had to peek in! Your work is great! I used to live in CA but moved away 2 1/2 yrs ago! And your bio describes me ~ I'm too chicken to demo my work too! But yours is great!
Hugs,
Joani

Rose Ann said...

This is totally adorable, Catherine!! You coloring looks wonderful, and I love the frosting! Super cute image too!