Monday, August 11, 2008

Yep!

Yapples is one of the creatures from Doodle Factory by Starving Artiststamps, and he's here to greet my nephew, Ian, a Happy 12th Birthday! Well, it was actually last Friday but with connection problems at home, he had to wait to be posted here.


And so, of my other creatures with the expressions on their faces, here's Yapple's story... He's excited that it's Ian's 12th birthday and to know that he's going to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk with them. He also just realized that he has a belly button and that he's naked! LOL!

Happy Monday!

Stamp: Yapples from Doodle Factory Creatures by Starving Artiststamps and sentiment from Papertrey Ink Faux Ribbon stamp set

Paper: Whisper White, So Saffron and Lovely Lilac card stock from Stampin' Up

Ink: Jet Black Staz-on and Prisma water-color pencils

Accessories: Cuttlebug, Googly eyes, toothpick and stamping dimentional

18 comments:

Donna Baker said...

your story about Yapples made me LOL - cute! I LOVE Santa Cruz! I really need to take DH there on a trip back next year! I hope Ian had a fun birthday. I like how you used the number cb bg for your card - cute card, Catherine!

DoodleFactory said...

Hello! Well I think its perfect that Yapples is being used for a birthday card since he's wearing his birthday suit! I love it when people make up stories for the characters.

Did you put in two sizes of googly eyes?! Awesome.

Rita said...

Cute card luv the sign he's holding & your story! Very creative indeed! I really luv the google eyes, makes a card more fun!

Janine said...

Great card CAtherine!! I just love that word "Yapples" !! Makes me laugh every time I hear it~

Sandra Smart said...

Thank you for the kind comment!
I love these doodle factory images, such a cute card!

Kristie said...

This is soooo cute! I love those google eyes!! I think that's exactly the expression you'd have on your face if you just realized that you were naked on the front of someone's birthday card...LOL!!

Dawn said...

Totally adorable! The eyes were a fabulous touch!

Dani said...

So cute! I love it!

Marion Smith said...

He he that little guy is so cute!

tyrymom29 said...

Way too cute !!!!

tyrymom29 said...

Way too cute !!!!

Julia Aston said...

Love this card! so cute with his placard! wonderful embossed bg - fun b'day card using this super image!!

Sankari W. said...

I love your story and I love this card!!! The eyes just crack me up!!! I can't even tell you what a big smile I have on my face right now!! Great card!!!!

Lee said...

Awww.....but naked Yapples is sooo cuuuute!!! You're rockin' the new stamps!!

Anonymous said...

Your post was too funny! This card is great!!! I love the wiggle eyes ~ great idea!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh...this is soooo cute!! I love Yapple's sign, and his cool googlie eyes!! The embossing gives such a nice texture as well!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super silly and fun, what a great image. Love the googlie eyes too. :)

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Hehe, love the use of googly eyes there! ;-)