Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Bear-Day!

No valentine cards today but I have this birthday card that I created a couple of weeks ago and forgot to post. I got this sketch layout (see below) from Lauren of My Time... over a month ago and just love it! When I got this Birthday Bear Stamp from Whipper Snapper Design I knew I wanted to put some confetti on the background, which is just perfect for this sketch... don't you think?!

The main image is stamped on a whisper white cardstock with Staz-on jet black ink and watercolored with Stampin' Up classic ink. Circle coluzzle template was used as a cut-out to create a window, attached the acetate window sheet and added some party hats confetti. Stamping dimensional are added to the real red cardstock as the base of the card. Put crystal effects on the balloons for some shine. Birthday sentiment is from Stamping Bella.

Stamps: Birthday Bear by Whipper Snapper Design and Happy Birthday sentiment by Stamping Bella

Paper: Whisper White, Real Red cardstock from Stampin' Up.

Ink: StāzOn Jet Black

Accessories: Double sided ribbon from Michael's, Crystal Effects, Acetate Window Sheet, Circle Coluzzle template

15 comments:

Doris said...

Enjoyed your blog! We followed the aroma to Gilroy once, and shipped a box of garlic home to New Jersey! The artichokes looked good too...
Your work is beautiful!

craftyb said...

Aw C, I LOVE this little guy - you're making me want him! Your card is really lovely! bx

Alex said...

This is stinkin' adorable Catherine! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments! So, are you in Gilroy - I am a couple of hours up the road in Oroville!

Read your profile and I am not sure why you don't want to demo your work, it is awesome! Love your blog and have you saved to faves now.

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Misty said...

I love whipper snapper images they're always so adorable. Great coloring!
Misty

Jessie/knightrone said...

This card is so fabulous!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

My Paper World said...

Awwwwwww! totally adorable!

Anonymous said...

That is just the cutest card! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I'm right up the street from you.... in South San Jose...

-September

Louise F NZ said...

Fab card, very cute bear.

Christine said...

that is just the cutest birthday card!!! i love it!!! :)

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute, and I love the CE you added to the balloons!

Kristine said...

OH, this is JUST SOO CUTE!! :) Love that cute bear from WSD. Great card!!

Kelly said...

Love this card - so cute!

Diane said...

Awwww he's soooo adorable!!! I just want to hug him!!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is just too adorable! That image is absolutely perfect for this sketch! Well done! :D

ChrissyM said...

This is so adorable!