Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More, More, More

In the midnight hour, she cried more, more, more
With a rebel yell, she cried more, more, more.

That would be Billy Idol, Rebel Yell!

And, this is me with more cards that I created over the weekend when I was home alone. I was able to participate with more challenges and oh, how fun it is. Jump For Joy

I'm on a roll with Tracy's Thursday's sketch challenge, this is her 3rd sketch and I was able to participate on all 3... how cool is that? This cute fishing penguin is by A Muse and while she's fishing something for dinner, she's thinking of someone really special... Ummm , who could it be?

Stamps: Fishing Penguin from A Muse Design

Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue card stock and Pretty in Pink DSP from Stampin' Up

Ink: StāzOn Jet Black and SU re-inkers

Accessories: Mary Scallop Square Punche, Bashful Blue grossgrain ribbon, Liquid Applique and Crystal Stickles


The second card is for All that Scraps #14 Sketch Challenge. The butterfly is from CC Designs, Beautiful Butterflies. I stamped the image on Whisper White card stock with Timber Brown staz-on ink and matted with Chocolate Chip card stock. The patterned paper is from Autumn Leaves, I was really not happy when I was done with the card, it seems like there's something missing. So, I stamped the butterfly again on the same patterned paper and adhered it on top and added some crystal stickles.The prima flowers are added at the end and topped with adhesive rhinestones.

I sure hope you have a beautiful day!

Stamps: Beautiful Butterflies by CC Designs

Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red card stock from Stampin' Up and Patterned Paper by Autumn Leave

Ink: StāzOn Timber Brown and SU re-inkers

Accessories: Chocolate Chip gross grain ribbon, Prima Flowers, Self-adhesive rhinestones, and Crystal Stickles



35 comments:

Unknown said...

omgoodness! That penguin is ADORABLE! I love everything about it!

"The Sassy Divas" said...

What beautiful cards! Love that penquin!

Dani said...

Great job, that penguin is to die for!

Janine said...

Great cards Catherine... The penguin he is pretty darling!!
Hope all is well and that you have a great day!

Carolyn Bounds said...

WOW! You have been busy creating some incedible cards!!! I love them both!!! The penguin is adorable, and you colored her beautifully. She does look like she is thinking of someone:o) The butterfly is elegantly funky and sooo very pretty. There's a lot of inspiration in both of these beauties!

Heather said...

Hi Catherine, thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comments. This card is gorgeous - i love that butterfly image and it looks great with the stickles
Hugs

Alex said...

that penguin is ADORABLE, and I love your second card, just beautiful! Sounds like you had a lot of fun creating - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lynn Put said...

Wow, these cards are fantastic! I love the sweet little penguin one and the glittery butterfly is so pretty!

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute cards! I am in LOVE with the penguin though. I think I need that!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

These are fantastic card Catherine! Love the penguin image, just adorable and the glitter is a perfect touch. The butterfly card is beautiful. What a nice image. Great work on these. :)

Ann said...

That little penguin card is darling! Love the sparkle you added!

Tina said...

Good grief, both of these cards are absolutely adorable. Love the penguin with all that sparkle.

Diane said...

OMG! Love your cards girl,they are both beautiful!

Kristine said...

Awww...VERY CUTE! Love that image and your sparkles :) Cute sketch...really nice for those cute small images we have. I might have to try this one.

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your sketch cards, both so lovely.

Bethany Paull said...

The penguin card is so sweet and I just love your beautiful butterfly creation. Looks like you had a good weekend.

Christina Fischer said...

Both cards are fantastic! That penguin image is so cute -- I love the sparkle!

So glad you played in the ATS challenge -- love that paper pieced butterfly! :)

Angie Tieman said...

Beautiful cards!! I love more, more, more, especially when it involving stamping and chocolate!!

Claudia said...

Great cards Catherine! I love both of them, especially the penguin. I must get one of those stamps from A Muse. Thanks for sharing!

Tracy said...

Look at you! You go girl! I *love* both of your cards. I'm so glad you got a chance for some uninterrupted stamping time. You are on fire. Can't wait to see what you create next!!!

Hugs,
Tracy

mueppi said...

Your card is so great and the little pinguin so sweet!
Hugs Gisela

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Both of these are just adorable. . .that little penguin card is just the CUTEST!

Sandra Smart said...

That little penguin is adorable! Just love him!

Laurel said...

Both cards are super as usual, but I do just love that penguin image!

Rose said...

your colors are so soft & pretty!

dpkennedy said...

These are fantastic! I love that little penguin-he's so cute and sparkly!

Rose Ann said...

Your penguin card is so adorable, and I love your added sparkle!! Your butterfly so pretty, and I love the sparkle & patterned paper!! Wonderful cards, Catherine!!

Anonymous said...

What lovely cards! I love the little penguin fishing; she looks so sweet and all sparkly. The butterfly card is a stand out; very elegant! Great job on both sketch challenges! TFS: Tinla

Enjoli said...

I love that sparkly butterfly! Very beautiful! =)

Julia Aston said...

Love the sparkle on both cards! very pretty! you're really stamping up a storm here!!

Donna Baker said...

ooh, both cards are awesome!! that penguin is sweet

Carmen O. said...

Wow both cards are fab! The penguin one is so cute and the butterfly one is beautiful! I love how you used the pp.

Pamela said...

Great cards!

Shirley said...

This is so pretty and cute too! Love the technique with the butterfly!

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.